1/1 Photo of Guatemalan Tacos
Lavender Lynn's Note:
This is from Guatemala. This recipe is from mayantraditions.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes into a large saucepan and fill with enough water to cover.
- 2Bring to a boil,cover, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- 3While the potatoes are cooking, crumble the ground beef into a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Cook for a few minutes, then stir in the onion.
- 5Cook until meat is no longer pink, and the onion is tender.
- 6Drain excess grease, and gently stir in the potatoes.
- 7Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Place the tomatillos, garlic, jalapeno, and cilantro into a blender.
- 9Squeeze avocados out of their skins into the blender.
- 10Process until smooth.
- 11Heat tortillas in a skillet until warm and flexible.
- 12Spoon on some of the meat mixture and top with the sauce.
- 13Roll up, and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guatemalan Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (671 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 756.8
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 58.9 mg
- Sodium 113.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.0 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 31.2 g