Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from Guatemala. This recipe is from mayantraditions.com.
Make and share this Guatemalan Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- Place potatoes into a large saucepan and fill with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil,cover, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- While the potatoes are cooking, crumble the ground beef into a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook for a few minutes, then stir in the onion.
- Cook until meat is no longer pink, and the onion is tender.
- Drain excess grease, and gently stir in the potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the tomatillos, garlic, jalapeno, and cilantro into a blender.
- Squeeze avocados out of their skins into the blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Heat tortillas in a skillet until warm and flexible.
- Spoon on some of the meat mixture and top with the sauce.
- Roll up, and enjoy.
The tacos are good, but I have to say that Guatemalan tacos are different, they are deep fried more like a spring roll made of tortilla with meat filling and served with a simple tomato sauce.
These were okay for us, just a little bland overall. I added some lime juice and salt to the green sauce, and a few spices to the meat mixture, but I just don't think this was to our tastes, sorry.
Very good. I cut back on the potatoes (only 2). We loved them. I saved 1 for breakfast the next morning. Thank you.