Recipe by Niteflyer
This is an excellent recipe from Chef George Duran. Get yourself invited to the next BBQ bash!! Make a batch of this guasacaca and tell everyone to drizzle it over everything- meat, chicken, fish- even vegtables and potatoes!! You will become a neighborhood hero!!
Top Review by shevbia
Venezuelan guasacaca is not "based" with avocado. Tomatoes and onions, cilantro if you like it. No olive oil please; regular corn oil will do better; try aji dulce instead of green peppers, add some hot pepper for spice.
If you like guacamole then by all means add the avocado!
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 green sweet peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped (1 & 1/2 cups)
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- desired grilled meat (such as skirt steak, ribs, sausage, etc)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put eveything except the olive oil and meat into a food processor and process until mostly smooth. Add the olive oil in a stream with the processor running and process until smooth. Let stand at room temp for at least 1 hr fpr the flavors to blend. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Meanwhile, heat grill to high. Generously sprinkle flank steak with salt and ground black pepper. Place steak on grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side for med. rare doneness.
- Serve sauce at room temp with your flank steak (or whatever you choose). Cover leftover sauce and store in refrigerator. Bring back to room temp before serving the next time.