This is an excellent recipe from Chef George Duran. Get yourself invited to the next BBQ bash!! Make a batch of this guasacaca and tell everyone to drizzle it over everything- meat, chicken, fish- even vegtables and potatoes!! You will become a neighborhood hero!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 green sweet peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped (1 & 1/2 cups)
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- desired grilled meat (such as skirt steak, ribs, sausage, etc)
- 1Put eveything except the olive oil and meat into a food processor and process until mostly smooth. Add the olive oil in a stream with the processor running and process until smooth. Let stand at room temp for at least 1 hr fpr the flavors to blend. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- 2Meanwhile, heat grill to high. Generously sprinkle flank steak with salt and ground black pepper. Place steak on grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side for med. rare doneness.
- 3Serve sauce at room temp with your flank steak (or whatever you choose). Cover leftover sauce and store in refrigerator. Bring back to room temp before serving the next time.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guasacaca Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 672.8
- Calories from Fat 620
- Total Fat 68.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1765.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 3.3 g