Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I created this layer dip to have a little less fat and more protein. It makes a great snack! I hope you like it!
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 avocados
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (for more heat, add more cayenne or fresh jalapeno)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- Smooth refried beans across the bottom of an 8X11 glass baking dish.
- In a medium bowl; mash the avocados with a fork then stir in the lime juice, cayenne, Lawry's, garlic, cilantro, and chickpeas.
- Spread the chickpea mix over the refried beans.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Garnish with more cilantro and tomatoes (before adding the tomatoes, blot them with a paper towel to get rid of some of the moisture to keep cheese fresh).
- Chill then serve with chips.
A very good recipe. I did leave out the lime but it was sooo tasty. It was gone so fast. Thanks Chef Lee as this is definietly a winner.