Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
These burgers are fabulous and can be done on the bbq as well.
Make and share this Guacamole Cheeseburgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 avocado
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro, to taste
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- fresh ground pepper
- 5 ounces thinly sliced sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 whole wheat hamburger buns (if you can get bakery, seeded rolls, so much the better)
- 2 radishes, sliced thin
- Halve, pit and peel avocado.
- Mash ¼ of avocado with a fork; add lemon juice and salt to taste; mash until smooth.
- Stir in tomato, scallion, cilantro, and remaining avocado, cut into ¼ inch cubes.
- Fold together gently but thoroughly.
- Cover surface with plastic wrap.
- Handling beef as little as possible, divide it into thirds, shape each third into a patty and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat a well-seasoned, ridged, cast-iron pan over moderately-high heat (or grill on bbq) until hot and cook the hamburgers 5 ½ minutes per side for rare.
- Top with cheese slices and cook, covered, for 1 minute, to melt cheese.
- Transfer to a plate and let stand, tented loosely with foil, for 3 minutes, to finish cooking.
- Transfer to hamburger buns; top with guacamole and sliced radishes and serve.
This recipe makes the best guacamole! I can see this recipe as having many uses!! I loved it served on the grilled cheeseburgers with whole wheat buns! Simple to prepare. Outstanding! Thank you, Evelyn!