Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Dough is the same as for cream puffs but you add gruyere cheese and parmesan.
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup shredded gruyere (3 ounces) or 3⁄4 cup swiss cheese (3 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Heat milk and margarine to rolling boil in 2-quart saucepan.
- Stir in flour.
- Stir vigorously over low heat until mixture forms a ball, about 1 minute; remove from heat.
- Beat in the eggs, all at once; continue beating until smooth and thickened.
- Beat in 1/2 cup of the Gruyere cheese and the Parmesan cheese.
- Drop 3/4 of the dough by TABLESPOONS into 8 mounds to form a circle on greased cookie sheet.
- (Each mound of dough should just touch the next one.) Drop a TEASPOON of remaining dough onto center of each mound.
- Sprinkle with remaining Gruyere cheese.
- Bake on center oven rack until ring is puffed and golden, 30 to 35 minutes.
- 1 ring (8 servings) 205 calories per serving.
- Betty Crocker's Cookbook.