Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A sophisticated sounding dish that uses ready-made pesto sauce as a time-saver. A great special occasion or company dish.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup pesto sauce
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper. Mix gruyere cheese, pesto, pine nuts, and green onions in a small bowl.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture on top of each chicken breast and roll tightly. Dredge chicken breasts in flour. Saute chicken breasts in heated oil at medium-high heat until golden brown, turning occasionally, for approximately 6 minutes.
- Place chicken in pan and bake until chicken is tender and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
I love anything with pesto and this didn't disappoint. I was able to scale this recipe back to serve one with no problem. Since I have oven going pans, I skipped the extra baking dish step. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag Game. :).
May be, This chicken breasts is delicious served with roasted tomatoes.