Recipe by BecR
Never mind if the groundhog sees his shadow or not---with these pecans in the oven, your kitchen will be filled with an aroma as delicious as spring. From the newspaper.
Top Review by Heather'sKitchen
This recipe is so simple and delicious! I love the choice of spices used. I kept half of the recipe for myself and gave half away as a beautiful and tasty gift to a dear friend. Thanks!
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup (do not use pancake syrup)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mace (or sub with additional nutmeg)
- pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the nuts in a large mixing bowl. Add the syrup and butter, and toss. Sprinkle on the salt, cardamom, nutmeg and mace. Toss until the nuts are evenly coated.
- Spray a large baking sheet that has a rim (such as a jelly-roll pan) with cooking-oil spray. Pour the nut mixture evenly onto the pan.
- Bake, removing the pan from the oven to stir the nuts after every five minutes, until the nuts are toasted and fragrant and have absorbed the syrup, about 20 minutes total.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the nuts cool to room temperature, about 25 minutes.
- Store them at room temperature in an airtight container, preferably a tin or glass jar, for up to three weeks.