1/1 Photo of Ground Beef Zucchini Skillet Meal
From Simple & Delicious magazine May2006. I really enjoyed this recipe as did my DH but my kids did not like it. I'm posting this anyway because eventually they will move out and I won't have to hear their complaints! =) ***Updated ingredients*** I've made this again and my DD did too and we both feel it needs a bit more sauce - so I've adjusted the original recipe to include tomato sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef (I use 96% fat free)
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (or use a blend of cheeses)
- 1In a skillet, cook the beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2Stir in the corn, tomatoes, tomato sauce, zucchini, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- 3Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes - on a medium heat until heated through and zucchini is tender.
- 4Sprinkle with parmesan cheese right before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ground Beef Zucchini Skillet Meal
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.3
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 833.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 20.7 g