1/4 Photos of Grilled Wild Mushroom and Brie Cheese Sandwich
These are decadent and wonderful and give a whole new meaning to "grilled cheese". Be sure to use a very good sourdough and the freshest of mushrooms. Note: This is a difficult sandwich to turn in the pan, but definitely worth the hassle. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 ounces brie cheese (sliced)
- 4 ounces button mushrooms (quartered)
- 2 ounces shiitake mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 ounces oyster mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 medium shallot (chopped)
- 2 ounces white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, chives and or basil)
- soft butter (as needed)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (as needed)
- 1Saute the mushrooms in the olive oil in a medium sized pan for 4-5 minutes.
- 2Add the shallots and garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- 3Add the chopped herbs.
- 4Add the white wine and reduce until the liquid is evaporated.
- 5Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper and set aside.
- 6Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place the butter side down on four slices of the bread in a large non-stick fry pan at medium-low heat.
- 7Divide the mushrooms into four and place them evenly on the four slices of bread.
- 8Top the mushrooms with the Brie and cover with the other slices of buttered bread. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown; then turn and cook on the other side for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- 9Cut and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Wild Mushroom and Brie Cheese Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 657.9
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 56.8 mg
- Sodium 1021.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: