Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A french style recipe from the magazine Inside Out.
Make and share this Grilled White Asparagus With Egg Topping recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large bunch white asparagus
- 400 g lean ham
- 5 eggs, large, organic
- 75 g butter, softened
- salt, pepper
- Trim and peel rough skin from bottom of asparagus.
- Wrap each stem in half a slice of ham.
- Lay in a single layer on grill tray.
- Heat grill to medium high.
- Grill asparagus till tender and ham crisp.
- Meanwhile, boil eggs till firm - about 4 minutes.
- Cool a little, peel and chop finely.
- Toss with soft butter and season.
- Platter the asparagus, top with egg.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Fantastic results. Quite a bit of labor intensive work to create. Everybody enjoyed this & I think it would be a good buffet/appetizer dish if you have the time to attend to it. I cut the ham slices in half to make more slices because they were large & would have wrapped around the asparagus several times plus I needed many slices for all the asparagus. I used 2 bundles of asparagus which yielded 26 spears & used 1lb sliced ham. I kept the grill on low to avoid burning the ham before the asparagus cooked. Made for Aussie Swap 6/12.