Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
a Giada Di Laurentiis recipe
Make and share this Grilled Vegetable Platter Number 2 recipe from Food.com.
- 3 red bell peppers, seeded and halved
- 3 yellow squash, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick rectangles (about 1 pound total)
- 3 zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick rectangles (about 12 ounces total)
- 3 Japanese eggplants, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick rectangles (12 ounces total)
- 12 cremini mushrooms
- asparagus, trimmed
- 12 green onions, roots cut off
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaf
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or prepare the barbecue (medium-high heat). Brush the vegetables with 1/4 cup of the oil to coat lightly. Sprinkle the vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches, grill the vegetables until tender and lightly charred all over, about 8 to 10 minutes for the bell peppers; 7 minutes for the yellow squash, zucchini, eggplant, and mushrooms; 4 minutes for the asparagus and green onions.
- Arrange the vegetables on a platter. The key to getting those great grill marks is to not shift the vegetables too frequently once they've been placed on the hot grill.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, parsley, basil, and rosemary in a small bowl to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle the herb mixture over the vegetables. Serve the vegetables, warm or at room temperature.