Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This originally is a Bobby Flay Food Network recipe, that I tweated a little bit. It is delicious and definitely company worthy, but also easy enough for weekday meals.
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- splash heavy cream
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter, unsalted, cut into cubes, at room temperature
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (8 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta, cooked, al dente
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup drained capers
- Combine the lemon juice, white wine, and shallot in a small saucepan over high heat and cook until reduced in half.
- Remove from the heat and lef cool.
- Whisk together the cream, butter and wine mixture in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- The lemon butter can be made 1 day in advance and refrigerate.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Heat grill to high.
- Brush the fish on both sides with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the fish for 3-4 minutes per side or until lightly golden brown and slightly charred.
- Toss the cooked orzo with a few tablespoons of the lemon butter and 2 tablespoons of the parsley and season salt and pepper.
- Place orzo on a serving platter.
- Remove the fish from the grill and place on the orzo.
- Top each filet with some of the lemon and capers.
- Garnish with the remaining parsley.