Recipe by Claudia Dawn
This is something that you'd find a in 5 star restaurant. Takes a little work to put together, but, OMG, IT IS WORTH IT!
Top Review by Lazarus
This chicken was quite good. I added fresh basil to the marinade, and included two entire stalks of green onion, since my other recipes used up the rest I had on hand. I agree with the others. I think a sharper, richer cheese would do well in this recipe. I would make it again, but I would have to add some more ingredients to really bring out this recipe's potential. mad for PAC Spring '08
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 8 -10 green onions, white part only,chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, chopped
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a deep pocket into the side of each breast, set aside.
- Saute red peppers, onions, garlic& mushrooms in a little olive oil until soft.
- Open the pocket in the chicken and place vegetable mixture and mozzarella cheese slices (save a little of vegetable mixture to add to marinade).
- Secure with toothpicks.
- Prepare marinade and coat chicken with marinade, let sit for at least 20 minutes.
- Cook on grill (about 10 minutes).