Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Adapted from a recipe by Taste of Home at allrecipes.com.
- 2 lbs flank steaks, trimmed
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- Pound flank steaks to 1/2-3/4" thickness.
- Cook bacon in skillet; when very crispy, remove to a paper-towel lined plate. Add mushrooms, green onions and garlic to bacon drippings; saute until mushrooms have released their water and become very tender.
- Combine bacon with mushrooms, onions and garlic. Add basil and chives.
- Lay swiss cheese over flank steaks. Spread mushroom mixture evenly over cheese. Roll the meat up and secure with skewers or wooden picks. Cut each roll into 1/2- to 3/4-in. slices and secure with a wooden pick or skewer.
- Grill over hot coals (or broil 3" from heat source) for 4-6 minutes per side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Remove picks before serving.