Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe I do after work during the summer when I'm trying to keep the kitchen cool. I prepare it in the morning and let the chicken marinate in the fridge all day. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- Combine scallions, garlic, honey, sherry, ginger and soy sauce.
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag and pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Close the bag and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Or, refrigerate it overnight.
- Turn occasionally to keep sauce distributed evenly on the chicken.
- Remove chicken from bag and pour sauce into a small saucepan.
- Bring sauce to a boil and let boil for one full minute.
- Grill chicken over hot coals, turning as needed to prevent charring and to cook evenly.
- Grill until just done, about 25 minutes.
- Brush with sauce as needed to keep moist.
- Serve chicken with remaining sauce and hot cooked rice.