This recipe is from eatingwell.com. Pepper-crusted steak, grill-charred vegetables and sesame-ginger dressing turn fresh salad greens into an exciting main course.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns, crushed
- 12 ounces sirloin steaks, trimmed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 16 scallions, white part only
- 1 red bell pepper, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 cups mixed greens (escarole, curly endive, radicchio or watercress)
- 1Preheat grill to high.
- 2Combine garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, brown sugar and ginger in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth. Set aside.
- 3Press peppercorns into both sides of sirloin. Season with salt. Place the sirloin, scallions and bell pepper halves on the grill and cook for 4 minutes. Turn over and cook until the meat is medium-rare and the vegetables are slightly charred, about 4 minutes more.
- 4Let sirloin rest for 5 minutes, then slice thinly, against the grain. Cut scallions into 1-inch pieces. Slice the pepper lengthwise into strips.
- 5Toss greens with the reserved dressing in a large bowl. Arrange on a platter or 4 plates. Top with sirloin and grilled vegetables. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Sirloin Salad
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.8
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 63.9 mg
- Sodium 397.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 19.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: