Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is our favorite way to prepare a nice sirloin steak. Time indicated does not include marinade time. This recipe represents the Southern U.S. region where bourbon is enjoyed as a beverage, or used in fabulous recipes.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon (like Jim Beam Bourbon Whiskey)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 1⁄2 lbs sirloin steaks (2 1-inch thick steaks)
- Prepare marinade ingredients: Pour water, bourbon, soy sauce, honey, dry mustard, and garlic powder into a large zip top bag. Seal bag and lay flat on the counter. Massage the bag with your fingers to dissolve any mustard and garlic powder granules and mix the ingredients.
- Add steak to the bag. Refrigerate overnight, or for at least six hours, turning occasionally.
- Place bag on counter about an hour before grilling. Turn after 30 minutes. Remove steak and discard marinade.
- For 1" steaks, grill about 10 minutes per side, or until about 140-145 degrees. Remove from grill, and cover steaks for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Can serve as steaks, or slice thinly across the grain before serving.
I subbed in pineapple juice for the water because I was making a dessert and didn't want to waste it and Worcester sauce for the soy. Then, I had some "discount" chuck eye steak and cut it up into chunks and marinated it in this delish stuff. When I drained the meat to cook I reserved the marinade and boiled it down until it got thickened. Finally, I took each chunk of meat, wrapped it with a little bacon and broiled it, all the while basting with the reduced marinade. Very, very tasty and you can be sure this will be added to the repertoire, be it for kabobs or steaks. Thanks for the recipe!
I really liked this but hubby didn't. I followed the recipe as written and marinated it for about eight hours. I thought it had a good taste to it. The meat was nice and tender.
Nice recipe for steak!!! I used a ribeye and marinated it all day, it was so tender!! I didn't notice a lot of flavor but dealing with allergies/flu so that isn't the recipe's fault. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for I Recommend Tag.