Herb Marinated Grilled Top Sirloin
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 10mins
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 lb top sirloin steak
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Burgundy wine (or sherry wine)
- 1⁄8 - 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (or pineapple juice)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- Pierce steaks with a fork a few times and place in a large plastic baggie or glass pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients for the marinade. Pour this over steak meat.
- Seal/cover and place in refridgerater for at least 6 hours; turning every few hours.
- Grill over med-high heat for about 5 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness is reached.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This has to be one of the worst recipes I’ve tried. I followed the recipe exactly & used the orange juice option. The only difference was marinating the steaks more than 6 hours. After cooking, the only thing I could taste when we ate the steaks were vinegar, orange, & worcestshire. My husband originally asked if I’d put lemonade on the steaks. ?? I told him what was in the marinade & he also figured it was the vinegar, sugar, & OJ combination because he also tasted “too sweet”.
I would give this more stars if I could! I can't believe no one has reviewed this yet! These steaks were positively mouth-wateringly delicious. I was searching for a marinade that was just for top sirloin and I am so glad I came across this. The steaks were bursting with flavor, juicy, and capital T tender! We honestly enjoyed these as much as the better cuts of steak. I had three pounds so I doubled everything, but I added a little less vinegar, a 1/2 cup instead of 2/3 cup and used 1/4 cup Worcestershire. I added a chopped shallot , used brown sugar and the orange juice.I marinated them for about 9 hours, turning them occasionally. We couldn't wait to eat the leftovers today for lunch and now they are just a memory-lol! This is my new favorite marinade and I can't wait to make these again! Thank you so much, Parsley! UPDATE: This is still the only way I make my top sirloin, been using this for years! :)