1/3 Photos of Grilled Shoulder Lamb Chops With Garlic-Rosemary Marinade
This is my favorite recipe for lamb chops-- few ingredients, simple preparation, great flavor. Shoulder lamb chops are less expensive than other lamb chops, but I think they're just as delicious. Can also be grilled on a gas grill. (from Cook's Illustrated)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large garlic cloves, pureed (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 shoulder lamb chops, about 3/4 inch thick (blade or round bone)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1Mix marinade ingredients in small bowl. Rub both sides of each chop with the paste; let stand at least 30 minutes. (Can be refrigerated overnight.).
- 2FOR CHARCOAL GRILL:.
- 3Heat enough coals to cover surface area large enough for four chops. Once coals are covered with gray ash, spread them, set grill rack in place, and cover grill with lid in order to heat rack, about 5 minutes. Or heat oven broiler.
- 4Sprinkle both sides of each chop with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Position chops over hot coals. Grill until bottom of each chop is well browned, about 2 minutes. (If chops start to flame, pull off heat for a moment or extinguish flames with squirt bottle.) Turn each chop and cook about 2 more minutes for medium-rare or 2 1/2 minutes for medium. If broiling, position chops 2 to 3 inches from heating element and cook about 3 minutes each side for medium-rare and 3 1/2 minutes each side for medium.
- 6FOR GAS GRILL:.
- 7Turn all burners on grill to high, close lid, and heat until grill is very hot, about 15 minutes. Leave one burner on high and turn other burner(s) down to medium.
- 8Rub chops with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Grill chops, covered, over hotter part of grill, turning them once, until well browned, about 4 minutes. Move chops to cooler part of grill and continue grilling, turning once, to desired doneness, about 6 minutes for rare (about 120 degrees on instant-read thermometer), about 8 minutes for medium (about 130 degrees), or about 10 minutes for well-done (140 to 150 degrees).
- 10Remove chops from grill and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Shoulder Lamb Chops With Garlic-Rosemary Marinade
Serving Size: 1 (9 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.0
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
shoulder lamb chops