Recipe by Bev
This salmon will sing when accompanied with Lime Butter Sauce (Recipe follows). From Gourmet Magazine.
Top Review by Annacia
You have a winner Bev. I used salmon steaks because it's what I had in the freezer and I made 2 servings. The fresh lime is wonderful with the garlic in it. I used the grilling pan indoors and the kitchen did get a bit smoky but the end result was worth it. An excellent dish that I would recommend to salmon lovers.
- 6 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, center-cut (about 1 inch thick, with skin)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime zest, fresh finely grated
lime butter sauce (use 6 tablespoons )
- garlic clove, chopped (use one large clove)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare grill for cooking over medium-hot charcoal (moderate heat for gas).
- Season salmon all over with salt and pepper, then grill, flesh sides down, on lightly oiled grill rack (covered only if using gas grill) 4 minutes.
- Turn fillets over and grill (covered only if using gas grill) until just cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes more.
- Sprinkle fillets with zest and top each with 1 tablespoon lime butter sauce.
- ***Lime Butter Sauce:.
- Purée garlic with lime juice, salt, and pepper in a blender until smooth.
- With motor running, add melted butter and blend until emulsified, about 30 seconds.
- Makes 3/4 cup.
- Cooks' Note: If you aren't able to grill outdoors, salmon can be cooked in a hot lightly oiled well-seasoned large (2-burner) ridged grill pan over moderately high heat.
- Makes 6 servings.