Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The amounts listed are for 2 tails but you can easily double the ingredients. Since I really don't even bother measuring, the amounts listed are only estimated to what I am guessing that I use, it really doesn't matter if the amounts are not exact. You can use fresh garlic in place of garlic powder but I find that fresh garlic will burn on the grill.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (or use vegetable oil)
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (you can use about 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic instead of garlic powder)
- 2 (10 ounce) rock lobster tail
Directions See How It's Made
- Set grill to high heat.
- In a small bowl mix the lemon juice with oil, then add in salt, paprika, pepper and garlic powder; whisk until well combined (you can also mix this on a blender or processor).
- Split the lobster tails lengthwise using a large sharp knife.
- Brush the flesh side tail with the marinade.
- Lightly oil the grill plate.
- Place the tails flesh side down on grill.
- Cook for about 10-12 minutes brushing frequently with marinade.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Lobster is done when opaque in colour and firm to the touch.