Recipe by ScrappieDoo
From "Everyday" by Rachael Ray magazine editor Silvana Nardone - August 2008. This recipe is delicious and always impresses guests! The dough can be a little difficult to keep in one piece on the grill though. I've used both Jennie-O Hot or Sweet Turkey Sausages with great results.
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb pizza dough, store-bought
- 1 ear of corn, kernels scraped (about 1 cup)
- 1 jalapeno chile, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces package portobello mushroom caps
- 1 lb sweet italian-style turkey sausage
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
FOR YOGURT SAUCE
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil on a large baking sheet. Cut down into 4 even pieces. Place the dough pieces on the baking sheet and press each out into a 4-by-8-inch rectangle. In a small bowl, stir together yogurt sauce ingredients.
- Pile the corn, jalapeño and cheddar in the center of each piece of dough and press the toppings inches Fold over the dough and press all over to seal, enclosing the filling. Let rest in a warm spot until slightly risen, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange the mushrooms upside down and drizzle with olive oil. Place the mushrooms and the sausages on the grill; cover and grill, turning once, until cooked through, about 4 minutes for the mushrooms and 8-10 minutes for the sausages. Transfer to a board. Thickly slice the mushrooms and slice the sausage on an angle; keep warm.
- Press each flatbread again into an 4-by-8-inch rectangle. Grill, covered, until crisp and golden, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Spread yogurt sauce on each flatbread and layer with the sausage, mushrooms and tomatoes. Fold the flatbreads over the filling and serve warm.