Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Grilled Portobello, Bell Pepper, and Goat Cheese Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in half and seeded
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut in half and seeded
- 4 portabella mushroom caps
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 kaiser rolls
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and garlic in a large bowl. Add bell peppers and portobello mushrooms; toss gently to coat. Remove vegetables from vinegar mixture, and discard vinegar mixture.
- Place bell peppers and mushrooms on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side. Remove vegetables from grill; cool slightly. Cut bell peppers into thin strips. Combine bell peppers, basil, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Cut rolls in half horizontally; spread cheese evenly over cut sides of rolls. Arrange 1 mushroom cap on bottom half of each roll; top each serving with about 1/3 cup bell pepper mixture and top half of roll.
- Place sandwiches on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Place a cast-iron or other heavy skillet on top of sandwiches; press gently to flatten. Grill 3 minutes on each side or until bread is toasted (leave cast-iron skillet on sandwiches while they cook).