That is Dr House to you's Note:
Modified from Italian Cooking and Living, December 2001/January 2002
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 portabella mushroom caps
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, cut into long, thin strips
- 1 cup freshly grated parmigiano
- 4 basil sprigs
- 1Score the mushroom caps and toss with olive oil and garlic then marinate for 30 minutes.
- 2Heat a grill pan over med high heat for five minutes then add mushrooms top down. Cook 5 minutes then turn, sprinkle with wine, bursh with butter and coook five more minutes or until soft.
- 3Sauce: heat oil in pot over medium heat. Add the garlic, chili, oregano and cook 1 minute then add the tomato and cook for five more.
- 5Preheat oven to 450. Place mushrooms top up in oiled roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper. Top with cheese. Bake for 10 minutes.
- 6Serve: Spoon sauce onto plates. Top with the mushrooms and basil. Serve.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Portabella Mushrooms Fra Diavolo
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 793.7
- Calories from Fat 621
- Total Fat 69.0 g
- Saturated Fat 22.3 g
- Cholesterol 97.2 mg
- Sodium 1041.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 28.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: