Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
combination of olive oil and balsamic vinegar gives this sandwich an exotic flavor. Add any vegetables you want. I use sprouts and avacados.
- 4 -6 portabella mushroom caps
- 4 -6 red bell peppers
- 4 -6 slices provolone cheese
- focaccia bread
- mixed sprouts
- 2 avocados
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- celery salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- pour vinegar into med bowl. Cut peppers into palm size pieces and soak in vinegar.
- Put pieces on grill with skins facing flame.
- Grill until skins are crispy. Cool and peel.
- Coat each mushroom cap,top and bottom, with olive oil. sprinkle garlic, Mrs. Dash, celery salt and pepper on bottom side of mushrooms.
- Grill each mushroom for 5 mins each side.
- Once mushrooms are grilled place red peppers on bottom part of mushroom and cover with provolone chesse. Heat until cheese is melted.
- Toast bread and garnish with sprouts and avacado slices. (tomatoes add a pretty splash of color.) Cut caps in half, build sandwiches and serve.