Grilled Polenta With Red Peppers and Tomatoes
- You can also buy polenta at your local Italian grocery, which works the same
- Bring water and salt to boil in saucepan. Whisk in cornmeal and return to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring almost constantly for about 15 minutes or until polenta mounds firmly on spoon and is very thick.
- Stir in parsley, cheese, chives and garlic. Spread polenta into greased 9-inch (2.5-L) square baking pan and let cool slightly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until cold and firm. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Brush peppers with some of the oil and place on greased grill over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, (or until slightly charred and tender), turning once. Set aside.
- Cut cold polenta into 6 squares and brush with some of the oil. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat and grill for about 10 minutes, turning once (or until golden and warmed through), turning once. Place on serving plates.
- Thinly slice peppers and place in bowl. Add tomatoes, basil, parsley, garlic, remaining 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the oil, vinegar and salt and pepper.