Recipe by threeovens
This recipe uses an already prepared pizza crust. You can use a fresh or frozen dough or make your own. Everything grills quickly so this can be made in less than half an hour. From "Real Simple" magazine.
- 2 summer squash (about 1 lb) or 2 zucchini, sliced thin lengthwise (about 1 lb)
- 2 bunches green onions
- 6 tablespoons olive oil (plus more for serving)
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb pizza dough, room temperature
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 6 cups arugula, thick stems trimmed
- 4 radishes, halved and sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill (or indoor grill pan) to medium heat; use a large baking dish and toss squash and green onions with 2 tablespoons of the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill vegetables until cooked through - 4-6 minutes/side for squash and 1-2 minutes/side for the onions; cut up onions and return vegetables to the baking dish.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces and stretch each into an 8-inch round; brush each side with oil.
- Grill dough until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side (it will puff up).
- Dollop ricotta cheese on all four pizzas and top with grilled vegetables.
- Meanwhile, prepare a salad with the arugula and radishes; toss with the vinegar, 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle pizzas with additional oil and serve with the salad.