Save yourself some time by purchasing pineapple that’s already been peeled, cored, and sliced.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare barbecue grill and preheat for direct, medium-high heat (the charcoal or gas flame is directly under the cooking area, and you can hold your hand just above grill level only 3 to 4 seconds).
- 2For charcoal grill: Before you put the grill over the hot coals, brush it with a light coat of oil.
- 3For gas grill: When hot, brush grill with a light coat of oil.
- 4While grill heats, cut pineapple crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices; cut out the core from each slice and discard.
- 5In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and lime juice; brush onto both sides of pineapple slices with a pastry brush.
- 6Lay pineapple slices on lightly oiled grill (close lid on gas grill) and cook, turning once with a wide spatula, until pineapple is hot and tinged with brown on both sides, about 8 minutes total.
- 7With spatula, transfer 1 or 2 pineapple slices to dessert bowls; top with a scoop of ice cream and sprinkle equally with coconut and peanuts, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Pineapple Rings With Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.1
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 98.4 mg
- Sodium 84.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 42.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g