Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Save yourself some time by purchasing pineapple that’s already been peeled, cored, and sliced.
Make and share this Grilled Pineapple Rings With Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- vegetable oil (for oiling grill)
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 quart French vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄4 cup dried sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup chopped roasted and lightly salted peanuts (optional) or 1⁄4 cup cashews (optional)
- Prepare barbecue grill and preheat for direct, medium-high heat (the charcoal or gas flame is directly under the cooking area, and you can hold your hand just above grill level only 3 to 4 seconds).
- For charcoal grill: Before you put the grill over the hot coals, brush it with a light coat of oil.
- For gas grill: When hot, brush grill with a light coat of oil.
- While grill heats, cut pineapple crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices; cut out the core from each slice and discard.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and lime juice; brush onto both sides of pineapple slices with a pastry brush.
- Lay pineapple slices on lightly oiled grill (close lid on gas grill) and cook, turning once with a wide spatula, until pineapple is hot and tinged with brown on both sides, about 8 minutes total.
- With spatula, transfer 1 or 2 pineapple slices to dessert bowls; top with a scoop of ice cream and sprinkle equally with coconut and peanuts, if desired.