Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Save yourself some time by purchasing pineapple that’s already been peeled, cored, and sliced.
Make and share this Grilled Pineapple Rings With Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- vegetable oil (for oiling grill)
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 quart French vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄4 cup dried sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup chopped roasted and lightly salted peanuts (optional) or 1⁄4 cup cashews (optional)
- Prepare barbecue grill and preheat for direct, medium-high heat (the charcoal or gas flame is directly under the cooking area, and you can hold your hand just above grill level only 3 to 4 seconds).
- For charcoal grill: Before you put the grill over the hot coals, brush it with a light coat of oil.
- For gas grill: When hot, brush grill with a light coat of oil.
- While grill heats, cut pineapple crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices; cut out the core from each slice and discard.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and lime juice; brush onto both sides of pineapple slices with a pastry brush.
- Lay pineapple slices on lightly oiled grill (close lid on gas grill) and cook, turning once with a wide spatula, until pineapple is hot and tinged with brown on both sides, about 8 minutes total.
- With spatula, transfer 1 or 2 pineapple slices to dessert bowls; top with a scoop of ice cream and sprinkle equally with coconut and peanuts, if desired.