Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A refreshing summer salad.
Make and share this Grilled Pear Salad With Bacon, Roquefort and Port Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18 ml ruby port
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 236.59 ml good quality olive oil
- 44.37 ml red wine vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 4 slice bacon
- 1 large firm and ripe bosc pear
- 1892.72 ml mixed baby greens
- 118.29 ml fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 118.29 ml Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring port and shallot to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until reduced to 1/2 a cup. Strain into bowl. Cool.
- Whisk oil and vinegar into Port. Add salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.
- Cook bacon in s skillet until crisp. Transfer to paper towels. Crumble into small pieces.
- Cut unpeeled pear into 1/4 inch slices and brush oil. Grill on a preheated barbecue or sautee in a skillet until golden brown in spots, about 2 minutes per side. Cool.
- Divide among 4 salad plates. Top with equal portions of bacon, pear slices, mushrooms, walnut and Roquefort.
- Drizzle each with a couple tablespoons dressing and serve. Remaining dressing can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to a month.