Recipe by kentanderin
Orginal made by Bubba Hiers (Paula Deen's brother) this recipe is modified by Bobby Flay.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 dozen medium to large oysters
Directions See How It's Made
- Light grill. In a food processor, pulse the butter with the tarragon, hot sauce, salt and pepper until blended. Transfer the tarragon butter to a sheet of plastic wrap and roll into a 2 inch thick log. Refrigerate the butter until slightly firm, about 15 minutes. Slice butter into 36 pats.
- Place oysters on the hot grill, flat side up. Cover the grill and cook until the oysters open, about 5 minutes. Using tongs, transfer the oysters to a platter, trying to keep the liqour inside. Quickly remove the top shells and loosen the oysters from the bottom shells. Top each oyster with a pat of tarragon butter and return oysters to the grill. Cover the grill and cook until the butter is mostly melted and the oysters are hot, about 1 minute. Serve right away.