Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Plan ahead the salmon needs to marinate for 2 hours before grilling. You can also cook the salmon fillets under the broiler or on an indoor grill that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Top Review by Tisherself
I had some salmon fillets in the freezer and wanted to grill them. I found this recipe and just had to try it. We thoroughly enjoyed this! I didn't have fresh green onions and fresh chives, so I substituted some dried chives. It was still very good. Thanks for a keeper, Kittencal!
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 4 (6 ounce) fresh salmon fillets (1-inch thick)
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl whisk together the first 8 ingredients.
- Pour into n a large heavy ziploc plastic bag.
- Add in the salmon fillets; seal bag tightly, and turn bag to coat evenly.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Remove the fillets from the bag and reserve the marinade.
- Place the fillets on a preheated outdoor grill (sprayed with cooking spray) or under the oven broiler.
- Cook for about 6 minutes on each side, basting with reserved marinade until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Season with salt and pepper.