Recipe by COOKGIRl
Use the best and freshest ingredients you can find! From Chef Philippe Boulot-a Pacific Northwest sensation. I use a sharp knife and slice the asparagus in half lengthwise before grilling. Asparagus can also be broiled or pan fried.
Top Review by Impera_Magna
Yum, yum, yum! Definitely a KEEPER and will be made often. I love asparagus and this makes the perfect supper for me after a long day at work! I grilled on my GF grill as I don't YET have a grill pan... and it worked great. Perfect is the best descriptor I can think of... tho I wonder if a thin slice of proscuitto or ham underneath the asparagus might make this sublime! Thanks CG! Great recipe!
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and washed well
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices artisan bread (olive bread is good!)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese (or similar)
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a grill or grill pan until very hot. Toss the asparagus spears in some olive oil. Grill the aspargus spears for about 5-8 minutes. Do not allow them to get too soft or they'll turn to mush!
- Lightly brush the bread slices with some olive oil and quickly grill on both sides until toasted but not dry or rock hard.
- Lay the asparagus spears generously on the bread then arrange the cheese slices on top.
- Place the sandwiches under the broiler just until the cheese melts.
- Season with salt and pepper.