Recipe by I'mPat
With summer coming here in Aus. I want to start to eat more salads but I want healthy variety (not just the regular tomato, lettuce, cucumber thingy) - found this great little recipe book from the Women's Weekly called Simply Salads, so posting recipes here to keep and try.
Top Review by Tisme
I made this in the oven, and served as a warm side to roast chicken.
I did follow the ingredient 's nearly exactly .............
I did substitute with sliced portabella mushroom's for convenience, and it did help that they were on special pricing today. ;-) And also used homegrown cherry tomatoe's.
The vinagariette did make a vast difference to the added flavour, and as a warm side this family thoroughly enjoyed this warm salad.
I will make this again Pat, and thank you for a brilliant way to use mushrooms and tomatoes.
- 4 mushrooms (flat or well opened 320g/80g each)
- 4 tomatoes (medium 600g, seeded and chopped finely)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup basil leaves (fresh, loosely packed and then finely shredded)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (60ml)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mushrooms, tomato, oil, vinegar and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Cook mushrooms and tomatoes on heated oil grill plate (or grill on the b-b-q until browned lightly and heated through.
- Meanwhile, make balsamic vinaogrette - put ingredients into screw top jar, put on lid and shake well.
- Divide mushrooms among plates; top with tomato and basil and drizzle with vinaigrette.