Recipe by Babs in Toyland
A delicious recipe from my neighbor Ceci that can be made in the morning and will be ready to serve with grilled chicken or fish or whatever else you may be grilling for dinner. You can easily grill the vegetables in batches on a counter top grill machine if you have one. A nice substition for the beans is some sliced Portabello mushrooms. Mix and match vegetables as you please. I counted prep time as the time to grill as well, and cook time for the chilling.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large yellow squash
- 3 large zucchini
- 2 medium green bell peppers
- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 2 medium yellow bell peppers
- 1 lb fresh green beans (I use portabello mushrooms instead of the beans)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together 1 tablespoon oil, honey and next 3 ingredients until blended.
- Set aside.
- Slice squash and zucchini; cut bell peppers into 1-inch peices, and trim green beans.
- Toss squash, zucchini and bell pepper in 2 tablespoons oil.
- Toss green beans with remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Grill squash, zucchini and bell pepper in a grill wok, covered with grill lid, over medium high heat (350 to 400 degrees), stirring occasionally, 5- 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Grill green beans in grill wok, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- Toss vegetables with honey mixture; cover and chill 8 hours.