Recipe by didyb
Started from a Kroger Helpful Hint- It always gives chicken that is good, juicy, and tender. Make sure to serve REAL margaritas along with it.
Top Review by Lyn Renee
YUM! I added in some juice from some key limes I had left over from Key Lime Margaritas... Also, I saved out the extra marinade and made it into a sauce by adding agave syrup for sweetness, 2-3 T butter, key lime juice (3 limes-they are very small), the zest of 1 key lime, fresh ground pepper and sea salt. I cooked it down so there was some thickness to it, then added about 1-2 T of Tequila before chilling until use...basted and grilled the chicken--YUM!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup margarita mix (liquid)
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons triple sec (or other orange flavored liquer)
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except chicken until blended.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of marinade.
- Put in gallon bag and add chicken.
- Marinate 3-4 hours (in fridge).
- Grill chicken about 10 minutes each side (until juices run clear), brushing liberally with reserved marinade.