Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Found this recipe on The Fresh Market's web site. I just love everthing they do!
Make and share this Grilled Lime Chicken W/Black Bean Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 44.37 ml lime juice
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 236.59 ml water
- 118.29 ml red bell pepper, diced
- 14.79 ml red onion, chopped
For the Black Bean Sauce
- 236.59 ml black beans, drained
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Combine lime juice, vegetable oil, red pper, and garlic in a large zip-top heavy-duty plastic bag.
- Add chicken; seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan; add bell pepper and onion.
- Cook 30 seconds; drain.
- Plunge into ice water; drain well.
- Set aside.
- In a food processor, add beans, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan; cook over medium-low heat until heated.
- Remove chicken from bag and grill over medium-hot coals.
- Cook 8-10 minutes on each side or until chicken is done.
- To serve, divide bean mixture onto each of 4 plates.
- Place chicken breast on top of sauce; top each with 2 tablespoons bell pepper mixture or a fresh tomato salsa.
Excellent recipe. I used the exact ingredients for the marinade, and also for the black bean sauce (with more garlic.) Instead of grilling it, I cooked the marinated chicken in my electric skillet. Then I sauted sliced veges (1 green pepper, 1 red pepper, 1/2 red onion, 6 large mushrooms)and put them on top of the browned chicken, poured the sauce over the whole thing, then simmered til it was heated through (about 15 min.) Excellent flavor. The whole family liked it, even my picky eater DH, and I will definitely make it again.
This isn't a "do again" for us. The flavor of the marinade was ok. Didn't care for the orange flavor. Personal preference I'm sure. Thank you for sharing.
this was delicious!! i only marinaded the chicken for about 6 hours... i can only imagine what a few more hours would have done for it! i tasted the bean sauce when i was making it and it was very tangy. i was very skeptical of putting it with the chicken, so instead of layering the chicken on the sauce i put the sauce in small dishes for dipping... which in the end was unnecessary because my entire family was absolutely slathering the sauce on top of their chicken! served with grilled asparagus, multigrain bread, and a salad. thanks so much, will definately be making this one again!