Recipe by Karen From Colorado
A side dish to your next grilled meal. Easy and simple to make. No pan to wash makes cleanup easy.
Top Review by Bev
This is such a simple recipe, ready when the rest of your meal is ready and nothing to clean up! Quite a lovely mix of colors with the zucchini, yellow sqauash and the red pepper. I used all fresh herbs and the flavors all went so well together. I used a bit more butter, salt and pepper. Thanks, Karen, for the wonderful recipe!
- 4 ounces button mushrooms
- 1 medium red bell peppers or 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 medium zucchini, cut crosswise into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut crosswise into 1/4 inch strips
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives or 1 tablespoon green onion top
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and prepare mushrooms by slicing a thin slice off the bottom of each stem.
- Thinly slice mushroom stems and caps.
- Combine mushrooms, bell pepper, zucchini and squash in a large bowl.
- Combine melted butter, thyme, basil, chives, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour over vegetables and toss to coat well.
- Transfer to a 20x14 inch sheet of heavy duty foil.
- Wrap into a packet sealing edges well, leaving space for heat to circulate.
- Grill on covered grill over medium coals 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender.