Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A side dish to your next grilled meal. Easy and simple to make. No pan to wash makes cleanup easy.
- 4 ounces button mushrooms
- 1 medium red bell peppers or 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 medium zucchini, cut crosswise into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut crosswise into 1/4 inch strips
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives or 1 tablespoon green onion top
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Clean and prepare mushrooms by slicing a thin slice off the bottom of each stem.
- Thinly slice mushroom stems and caps.
- Combine mushrooms, bell pepper, zucchini and squash in a large bowl.
- Combine melted butter, thyme, basil, chives, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour over vegetables and toss to coat well.
- Transfer to a 20x14 inch sheet of heavy duty foil.
- Wrap into a packet sealing edges well, leaving space for heat to circulate.
- Grill on covered grill over medium coals 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender.
This is such a simple recipe, ready when the rest of your meal is ready and nothing to clean up! Quite a lovely mix of colors with the zucchini, yellow sqauash and the red pepper. I used all fresh herbs and the flavors all went so well together. I used a bit more butter, salt and pepper. Thanks, Karen, for the wonderful recipe!
Tried your grilled mushroom vegetable medley tonight. It was so good. Added two zuchinni and two yellow summer squash....and still have leftovers for tomorrow. Thanks for the great recipe!!!
Fantastic! I didn't have any squash so used a green pepper as well as the red pepper which worked well.