Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my favorite way to eat asparagus. I also use the same seasoning for green beans.
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Rinse and break asparagus in cold water (to break it you just hold the ends and bend it till it breaks. discard the bottom).
- In a large skillet add 1/2 cup water and cook covered on medium heat till asparagus is tender.
- Drain water if there is extra.
- Add 1 tbs. butter, 1/2 teaspoon or to taste of garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.