Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
A wonderful combo. Should you have roast pork, throw that on, too.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 8 slices rustic bread
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced black forest ham
- 6 ounces sliced turkey
- 1⁄4 lb swiss cheese
- 2 dill pickles, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons softened butter
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, mustard, cumin, paprika and a pinch of salt. Spread mixture on bread.
- On four slices, layer ingredients in this order: cheese, ham, turkey, then pickles.
- Top with remaining four slices of bread to form sandwiches, pressing down to compress filling.
- Heat a large skillet, panini press or sandwich maker to medium-high heat.
- Spread butter on bottom of each sandwich and place buttered side down on hot surface.
- Butter top side of sandwich while in pan and grill until browned. Flip sandwich and grill on other side. If using a panini or sandwich press, close press.
- Grill, pressing constantly, until sandwiches are browned and crisp on both sides and cheese is melted, about 10 -12 minutes.
WOW! What a sandwich. Loved, loved, loved the sauce. I did not expect this to be so good. I would give this an 8 star rating if I could. I used thin sliced whole wheat bread that I keep in the freezer because I don't use bread a lot. Purchased the meat and cheese especially for this sandwich, except I made a mistake and ordered provolone instead of swiss. I used a dill pickle relish that I already had and put a thin layer on the sandwich. Next time I will make with the swiss cheese. gailanng, thanks so much for posting