Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I received this via an email update from America's Test Kitchen. I can't wait to try it.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- table salt
- 1 lb rice noodles
- 6 scallions, sliced thin
- Bring 4 quarts water to boil over high heat. Meanwhile, whisk garlic, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, hot sauce, brown sugar, and oil in small bowl. Toss chicken with 3 tablespoons garlic mixture in bowl. Puree remaining garlic mixture and peanut butter in blender until smooth.
- Add 1 tablespoon salt and noodles to boiling water and cook until al dente. Drain well, rinse under cold running water until cool, and drain again. Toss noodles, peanut sauce, and scallions in large bowl. Adjust seasonings.
- Grill chicken breasts over high heat until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Slice chicken and serve with noodles.
This recipe was a hit with my two teens. They've eaten it three dinners in a row! This was easy to make, especially since the chicken didn't have to marinate. I used Ramen noodles and spaghetti noodles and they both were good. I had some leftover sauce and drizzled over the top. I've memorized the recipe, since I'm going to be making it often! Thanks for posting, Cucina Casalinga. Roxygirl