Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are a fun twist to a tostada! They combine yummy margherita pizza with a tostada.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, Finely Chopped
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2.46 ml seasoning salt
- 4 flour tortillas (about 8 inches)
- 354.88 ml finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 plum roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 59.14 ml sliced fresh basil leaf
- Heat up grill. In a small bowl, mix oil and garlic together. Brush the chicken breasts with 1 teaspoon of the oil mixture and sprinkle with seasoned salt. Place on grill over medium-high heat and cover grill. Cook for 12-18 minutes,turning once, until juices are gone from chicken. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Place tortillas on ungreased cookie sheets. Brush the remaining oil mixture on tortillas. Sprinkle each tortilla with 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Cut the chicken into strips and arrange on top of the cheese. Add the tomato slices, sprinkle the remaining cheese and add the basil.
- With a spatula, carefully slide the pizzas onto the grill over medium-low heat. Cover the grill and let cook 3-5 minutes. (rotate the pizzas around to avoid hot spots). Once cheese is melted, remove the pizzas off the grill and serve. Enjoy!
Hello, Recipe Swap buddy! This recipe was wonderful, though I was forced by a lovely snowstorm to deviate from the original instructions. I broiled the chicken breasts, baked the pizzas directly on the oven rack at 450 F for 10 minutes and then broiled them at medium heat for 2 minutes. Though the grill flavor was missing, the pizzas turned out crispy on the bottom with a flavorful topping. This is definitely a do-over--next time on the grill when the weather cooperates! My husband and I both give you five stars!
Excellent, simple lunch! I used mozzarella, red leicester and parmesan cheeses, otherwise made exactly as stated. Crispy and yummy! Thanks MeliBug! Made for the Aussie/Nz recipe swap.
This IS terrific too! Probably makes it easy because my griller is in the oven too! Did my chicken on George Forman grill, No mess, easy to do..a thrill! Used feta instead of mozzarella cheese! The recipe sure did please!