Recipe by MeliBug
These are a fun twist to a tostada! They combine yummy margherita pizza with a tostada.
Top Review by MarthaStewartWanabe
Hello, Recipe Swap buddy! This recipe was wonderful, though I was forced by a lovely snowstorm to deviate from the original instructions. I broiled the chicken breasts, baked the pizzas directly on the oven rack at 450 F for 10 minutes and then broiled them at medium heat for 2 minutes. Though the grill flavor was missing, the pizzas turned out crispy on the bottom with a flavorful topping. This is definitely a do-over--next time on the grill when the weather cooperates! My husband and I both give you five stars!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, Finely Chopped
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 4 flour tortillas (about 8 inches)
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 plum roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced fresh basil leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat up grill. In a small bowl, mix oil and garlic together. Brush the chicken breasts with 1 teaspoon of the oil mixture and sprinkle with seasoned salt. Place on grill over medium-high heat and cover grill. Cook for 12-18 minutes,turning once, until juices are gone from chicken. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Place tortillas on ungreased cookie sheets. Brush the remaining oil mixture on tortillas. Sprinkle each tortilla with 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Cut the chicken into strips and arrange on top of the cheese. Add the tomato slices, sprinkle the remaining cheese and add the basil.
- With a spatula, carefully slide the pizzas onto the grill over medium-low heat. Cover the grill and let cook 3-5 minutes. (rotate the pizzas around to avoid hot spots). Once cheese is melted, remove the pizzas off the grill and serve. Enjoy!