Prep 3 mins
Cook 7 mins
By request, this was something that I used to prepare when I visited my grandma's. If you like cheese, you love this combination of sausage and cheese. Enjoy!
- 4 pork sausage links (approx. 2" long x 3/4" dia)
- 4 slices bread
- 2 slices American cheese
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- Cook sausages thoroughly and halve by spiltting them down the middle.
- Layer on bread american cheese, two link sauages* and cheddar cheese.
- Place second slice of bread on top.
- Put a small pat of margarine in the frying pan (medium heat).
- Immediately place sandwich on top of the melted margarine.
- Allow to brown evenly.
- Repeat process for the second side.
- This can be served with either hash browns, eggs or other breakfast foods.
- *Caution-make sure that the sausage is cooked thoroughly.