Top Review by ~Nimz~
We love grilled cheese with most any of the soups we make. Never thought to make croutons out of them. They do become soggy rather fast, so we kept a plate of them out and we added a couple at a time as we enjoyed recipe #328770. Thanks Lainey for another great recipe. Made for Holiday Tag.
- 4 slices thin-sliced bread, white or 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 slices cheddar cheese (or American or Swiss)
- On stove, heat a grill pan (or frying pan) over medium-high heat.
- Brush one side of each bread slice with butter.
- Place two slices in the pan, buttered side down.
- Top with one slice of cheese each, then top with remaining slices of bread, buttered side up.
- Grill 2-3 minutes, until toasted; turn and grill other side.
- Cut into 1-inch squares.
- Serve your choice of soup hot, topped with a few croutons per serving.
- This recipe should make enough for 6 servings of soup.