I like to serve these croutons on top of "10-Minute Tuscan Tomato Soup With Parmesan Toasts". I have also substituted Swiss cheese for the cheddar cheese and serve these croutons in French onion soup. They are yummy.
- On stove, heat a grill pan (or frying pan) over medium-high heat.
- Brush one side of each bread slice with butter.
- Place two slices in the pan, buttered side down.
- Top with one slice of cheese each, then top with remaining slices of bread, buttered side up.
- Grill 2-3 minutes, until toasted; turn and grill other side.
- Cut into 1-inch squares.
- Serve your choice of soup hot, topped with a few croutons per serving.
- This recipe should make enough for 6 servings of soup.