This was in Food & Wine Magazine, August 2004 in their article about sandwiches. I always am looking for interesting looking sandwiches -- it gives me ideas so Allison & I can work on the menu. Allison is our dietitian.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, cook the sliced chorizo over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- 2Drain the chorizo on paper towels and wipe out the skillet.
- 3Butter the bread on 1 side and turn 4 slices buttered side down on a work surface.
- 4Top with pepper jack, chorizo, pickled jalapeños and Havarti.
- 5Close the sandwiches with the remaining bread slices, turning the buttered side up.
- 6Preheat 2 large skillets.
- 7Add the sandwiches and cook over moderate heat, turning once, until the bread is golden and crisp, about 8 minutes.
- 8Cut the sandwiches in half and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cheese and Chorizo Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (1076 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 910.6
- Calories from Fat 457
- Total Fat 50.7 g
- Saturated Fat 26.1 g
- Cholesterol 136.0 mg
- Sodium 1952.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 43.0 g