Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was in Food & Wine Magazine, August 2004 in their article about sandwiches. I always am looking for interesting looking sandwiches -- it gives me ideas so Allison & I can work on the menu. Allison is our dietitian.
- In a large skillet, cook the sliced chorizo over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Drain the chorizo on paper towels and wipe out the skillet.
- Butter the bread on 1 side and turn 4 slices buttered side down on a work surface.
- Top with pepper jack, chorizo, pickled jalapeños and Havarti.
- Close the sandwiches with the remaining bread slices, turning the buttered side up.
- Preheat 2 large skillets.
- Add the sandwiches and cook over moderate heat, turning once, until the bread is golden and crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Cut the sandwiches in half and serve.