Prep 24 hrs
Cook 40 mins
one of my favorite grill dishes, this is always a winner. prep time reflects overnight matinating
Make and share this grilled butterflied leg of lamb zinfandel recipe from Food.com.
- mix sauce ingredients, add to 13x9 pan, add lamb and marinate overnite, turning a few times.
- reserve 1/4 c of sauce.
- pour the rest into a saucepan and simmer until reduced by half, and has thickened.
- meanwhile, heat the grill to hot.
- add lamb, cook aprox 15-20 minutes per side for med rare, basting with sauce as needed.
- allow meat to sit 15 minutes before carving against the grain.
- serve with sauce.
I used loin chops instead of the butterflied leg and marinated them overnight in the fridge - then BBQ'd them - Absolute heaven!!!! Used fresh Rosemary. The marinade did not overpower the chops even though they are not as thick as a butterflied leg of lamb Will use this recipe again Thanks chia!!!