Recipe by chia
one of my favorite grill dishes, this is always a winner. prep time reflects overnight matinating
Top Review by Bergy
I used loin chops instead of the butterflied leg and marinated them overnight in the fridge - then BBQ'd them - Absolute heaven!!!! Used fresh Rosemary. The marinade did not overpower the chops even though they are not as thick as a butterflied leg of lamb Will use this recipe again Thanks chia!!!
- 4 -5 lbs leg of lamb, boned and butterflied
- 1 bottle zinfandel
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 teaspoons fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- fresh pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- mix sauce ingredients, add to 13x9 pan, add lamb and marinate overnite, turning a few times.
- reserve 1/4 c of sauce.
- pour the rest into a saucepan and simmer until reduced by half, and has thickened.
- meanwhile, heat the grill to hot.
- add lamb, cook aprox 15-20 minutes per side for med rare, basting with sauce as needed.
- allow meat to sit 15 minutes before carving against the grain.
- serve with sauce.