Prep 12 mins
Cook 4 mins
A simple and easy alternative to garlic bread.
- 1 loaf ciabatta
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 tomatoes, halved crosswise
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Slice ciabatta in half lengthwise.
- Then cut each half into 1-inch slices.
- In batches as needed, grill the ciabatta slices, cut side down until they are golden and crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Working quickly, drizzle the toasted sides with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Rub the garlic cloves over the grilled bread, then rub the cut side of the tomatoes over the grilled bread.
- It's important to do this while the bread is still hot or warm, otherwise the garlic won't melt into the bread.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve warm.
We really enjoyed this recipe, I did add some italian cheese blend on and melted it on top with some fresh basil....