Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt or 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 inches peeled fresh ginger
- 2 lbs skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
- cherry tomatoes
- pepper, chunks
- onion, wedges
- Japanese eggplant, slices
- zucchini, slices
- mushroom, to taste
- Place yogurt, soy sauce, curry powder, garlic and ginger in a blender or food processor; puree.
- Place with chicken chunks in a glass bowl or resealable plastic bag; marinate at least 2 hours or as long as overnight in refrigerator.
- Place chicken pieces on skewers, alternating with vegetables; grill or broil with medium heat for about 7 to 10 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Serve over rice with cucumber mint raita or chutney raita.
Very good. We used chicken tenders, cherry tomatoes, pepper chunks and zucchini making 7 skewers. We served these with rice for a great week-night meal.
These were just delicious! I used one chicken breast and slices of zucchini, halved mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. Made 4 skewers (2 each). Before cooking these I drizzled some of the marinade over the vegetables as well. That was good but next time I'll leave them plain. The tomatoes were the best! I served this with lots of plain roasted pumpkin. The sweetness of the pumpkin was perfect with these.
Good recipe, especially for someone just trying Indian-type food. Very simple and flavors that are not too strong or complex. Great on couscous or with basmati rice. Served this to a variety of ages. Kids didn't love it, but everyone else enjoyed something a bit different at a BBQ