Recipe by evelyn/athens
Why not bbq dessert too?
Top Review by Mrs Goodall
This was so great. I did use plaintains and bananas. Plaintains held up a bit better, the bananas tasted great, but didn't hold together as well. Will definitely make again! Thanks Ev! Made for Culinary Quest 2014 International Agents of Quest.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 4 medium firm bananas, sliced diagonally ½ inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Light the grill.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, vanilla and brown sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a medium bowl, sprinkle the banana slices with the melted butter and cinnamon.
- Grill the bananas or panfry in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, turning, until golden, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the bananas to individual plates.
- Spoon the sweetened cream on top.